The bella rae mission
- to empower young women to be strong, intelligent and creative leaders
- to equip young women with a greater awareness of the media and its impact on culture
- to give girls opportunity to become contributors not just consumers
- to foster a sense of sisterhood and community
- to promote balanced and respectful attitudes towards women’s bodies
- to present fashion that is fun, stylish and responsible
- to show diversity, including real girls and models with a range of body types, looks and ethnicities
- to explore issues important to young women through a variety of quality resources and real stories
bella rae values young women:
THEIR HEARTS ARE TENDER.
THEIR MINDS ARE FIERCE.
EACH WOMAN IS BEAUTIFUL &
STRONG IN HER OWN WAY.
EACH WOMAN HAS INCREDIBLE
THERE IS PURPOSE IN EACH
YOUNG WOMAN’S LIFE, EVEN
WHEN SHE CANNOT SEE IT.
The bella rae team believes in sisterhood. Sisterhood means looking out for each other, lifting each other up and cheering each other on. Sisterhood means challenging each other to dig deep, think hard, be real, live classy and sleep sound!
bella rae started with eight young dreamers sitting around a lounge room in Australia talking about how girls’ magazines weren’t really cutting it. These young women wanted to raise the standards. To shout out to girls everywhere that there is more to life than boys and celebrities! Every girl is beautiful, whether she fits the mould or not. There is value in each young lady, and a purpose for her beyond what she imagines.
So these passionate pioneers put their money where their words were and started printing. To start a magazine was no easy feat! The early days included many late night emails, hand delivering mags, countless spelling mitsakes, hurried meetings, last minute fashion shoots, heated debates over words and phrases and endless cups of coffee. But it was in the messy trenches that life-long friendships were found. Every bella pioneer is now working in their area of passion.